Does your family ear a large variety of veggies? What kind?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 9:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We love to shop at the farmer's market when it's open and we do eat a big variety of veggies. My kids love green beans, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, green onions, corn, potatoes, beets, tomatoes, all kinds of squash, cauliflower, cucumbers and peas.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• we eat onions, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, beans (all kinds) peas, carrots, celery, tomatoes, cukes, corn,potatoes,peppers,cabbage etc etc
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yes, we eat them all. I think eggplant is the one vegetable my DH & i do not care for. We'll still eat it, but i won't cook it at home. We'll eat just about everything else. We're big veg heads.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We buyu from a CSA so we get a mixed bag of produce that is seasonal every week. You don't get to choose, you just get what was grown. So if there is something you have nev had before, you eat it anyway.

DH wasn't so into veggies when we got together but now he is taking swing at having a vegetarian house (we only eat meat when we eat out or are at someone's house).

I've turned him on to kohlrabi, kale (dinosaur kale is our fav), watermelon radishes, different kinds of mushrooms, pigeon peas, and parsnips

We eat a lot of broccoli, carrots, salad greens, peppers, Swiss chard, arugula, and fresh herbs. We have a pretty extensive garden with those things in it. And I can our veggies in the fall.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• we eat a bigger variety in the summer than the winter - kholrabi, snow peas, fresh green beans, all kinds of lettuce and spinach, summer squash, eggplant, basically anything and everything from our garden and the farmers market. in the winter we do not eat as much variety since not all of it is easily available - mostly whatever is in the freezer section or what i managed to can from my garden, plus a few fresh things like lettuces, celery, etc.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No. We'll eat a bag of mixed veggies - green beans, corn, carrots. We'll also eat broccoli. That's about it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In the winter we are limited to frozen veggies mostly. So we eat broccoli, green beans, corn (grain), mixed veggies. Fresh carrots and fresh spinach.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• absolutely. Right now we have broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, onion, celery, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, avocado, romaine, carrots, zucchini, spinach (fresh and frozen). We probably have more, but that is all that I can think of.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We try, but not always the case. Lol. My 28 month old is refusing veggies :(
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010