working while pregant with twins..

i am thinking about getting a job. but i am 20 weeks pregant with twins, and suppose to be, takeing it easy. should i get a some what easy job? my mom thinks i shouldnt becuase being preant and school is already enough stress and a job would just add on to all that stress, right? but i need the money. and then once the babies are born, i would have to quit. so wouldnt that end up hurting me and not heloing me? what are all ur opions on getting a jobb and everythign else i should? should i or should i not? if i do i have a friend that owns a burger resturamt and she said i could take peopes prder and get their moeny(its a place where you come in and order at the register and pay there and then go seat yourself)

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if u can get an easy job with a friend like that it might be a good idea and then plan on quitting when ur around 32-34 weeks. i wanted to get a job but i didnt find anyone that would hire a pregnant woman, and now im so tired and nauseas and weeks away from the baby coming that im glad i dont have to work. even if ur job doesnt add to ur stress it will end up adding to ur fatigue, its heavy carrying around 1 baby, carrying 2 will be really hard on ur body and ur back
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That doesn't sound like too bad of a job, as long as you think you could handle it! Right now might be a good time to get a job, actually. Almost any place that sells stuff is hiring holiday help. They'd probably only keep you for a couple of months, which would probably work out best for you anyway, since you'll probably be a lot less comfortable working when you get really far along. I'd at least look into it, you've got nothing to lose! Happy hunting!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I didn't have twins either of my pregnancies, but for the first one when I got later in pregnancy (around 8 - 9 months) the place I worked at let me just take orders and people's money :) I say go for it, especially if a friend's family owns it, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out and wouldn't mind too much when you needed to quit.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008