Which one was harder for you?

To go from no children to one? Or to go from one to two? Why?

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 10:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I didn't really have any problems until we had 3.
    When the 3rd one was born, everything came to a screeching halt for about 3 years.
    Still, when one of my kids is out at a friends, the house is quiet and runs smoothly.
    When all 3 are home, the house is loud, busy, and just generally wild.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Actually none were any more difficult or easier for me to do even when I had my daughter 24 yrs after my 1st Child
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Neither was hard. I was ready for parenthood and all that goes with it. Both times.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 10:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No children to one was the biggest life adjustment for me, especially because my DH and I weren't planning to have kids. With my 2nd child, I had to learn to juggle things a little more, but I'd already become accustomed to being a mom, so it wasn't as earth-shattering as having the 1st baby.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I was ready for parenthood, but the change in my life after my eldest son was born took getting used to. I'll admit it wasn't easy.
    What was harder, though, was having my second. My sons are 13 months and 3 days apart.

Of course, the way I see it is the challenge isn't in having kids in any number, it's what comes after they come into your life that is hard. We all know that being a parent is hard work! My sons will be 4 and 3 in February and March, and life hasn't got any easier around here, I'll tell you. :-)
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• None to one was def. a life adjustment but I think going from 1 to 2 was hardest for ME. I had a good routine down w/my oldest - who was 3.5 at the time. Their dad and I split when I was pregnant w/#2 so I was a 'single parent'. It all was just a big change and adjustment for me.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 10:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Two children was difficult for me. I imagine a BIG part of that was that he had colic and screamed non-stop for about 8 months and even still will sometimes scream at night (now 3 years). My husband was also working two jobs, practically full-time. It meant I dealt with both kids, the house, the bills, the yard, upkeep, making appointments, shopping, EVERYTHING. My boys were 15 months apart. When we had our third (18 months later) I was AMAZED at how easy it was to add a third baby to the house. I guess I survived and figured out how to juggle two with all my responsibilities, so another one was no big deal. :D We now have 4 children - born in 4 years! They are currently 5, 3, 2, and 1.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My three kids were not difficult for me, they were a blessing in every meaning of the word.

Answer by older at 10:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• From 1 to 2. I was ready for #1, and I didn't have a life anyway, so it's not like he was taking time away from partying or anything, lol. But then he was my life, so trying to reconcile that with having another baby who would demand a good bit of the time and attention I was used to giving my son...that was hard. Much harder than the first time around. Luckily, though, my son was great and adjusted to his baby sister even better and faster than I did, which made the transition a bit easier. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 0 to 1 was so hard....... I didn't know the meaning of the word tired til then!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010