my 6 month old is on soy infant formula,i want to start rice cereal for him but the prob is that he is constipated what can i give him with rice cereals for constipation

he is constipated with apple also

naira768

Asked by naira768 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• apples, prunes,
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can skip the cereal and go straight to fruits and veggies
    cereal is not neccessary at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Make sure your not giving him too much cereal at one time. Remember to give him plenty of water at all times.
    nekia111

Answer by nekia111 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oatmeal shouldnt constipate. Skip rice cereal. carrots make my dd poo
    good luck
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 10:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Go for oatmeal instead of rice cereal. Rice in general will constipate you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Rice Constipates. Don't give rice cereal at all. I only gave my son Oatmeal cereal.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• as he has milk allergy so numb of peaple told me to use rice cereal first, Is oat meal ok if he is an allergic baby.
    naira768

Comment by naira768 (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• rice is going to make him more constipated, if you put something in it to make him less constipated he'll probably just stay the same. Prunes work amazing (go for the earths best jars of baby food prunes) I only gave them to my daughter once it was a horrible diaper change a little bit later.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oatmeal is fine. In fact... NO CEREAL. Fruits and veggies. Cereal is filler and isn't needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'd just skip the cereal all together. At 6 mos, you can even try offering what ever you decide to give not pureed, just made soft and cut small, and let him self feed. First foods that I would recommend are bananas, avocado, sweet potatoes, all can be cut into bite size pieces, or pureed if you choose.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010