Vet tech OR Labor and Delievery Nurse?

I'm trying to decided which career I would like to go to school for and pursue. I'm very interested in both fields....
I just need others who are in these fields to give me the ups and downs of the job to maybe help me decide. Thanks!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Umm I hate delivery nurses ROFL! Imma go with vet tech :) I wanted to be one myself but ended up going a different route :P
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• LOL at leoangel. My delivery nurse was sooo nice...it was the doctor that was a bitch! Just what you need in that situation!
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yeah, I chose labor and delv nurse b/c most of mine were awesome and I really wanted to do that for someone else. To replace some of those jerk nurses... lol
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I went to college to be a vet tech but I had to take a break for my family, I regret leaving very much, only one more year and I would be a registered vet tech right now, 3 years later I am still struggling with going back to school, I am now in the same boat as you wondering if I want to finish my training or go into human medicine and become a nurse, but I wonder if I would enjoy it as much as working with animals, Humans and animals are so very different, plus dealing with certain situations is a tad bit easier with animals than with humans, if you love animals even half as much as I do I say go for the vet tech and take it from there if anything it will prepare you for human medicine if you decide to change your mind and the experience is something you take with you always, just follow your heart
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was a Vet/Surgery Tech for years and I looooved it. The down side was that I wanted to make more money, and there isn't many positions to advance into. I needed more room to grow so I'm in school AGAIN for a RN.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2009