how long

should i let my 20 month old fight her sleep?
its almost 11 she has been up since 6 i know she is tired her eyes clearly give off she is tired but she REFUSES to give in.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you laid her down yet? does she have a lovey like a doll or teddy or a blanket. can you play soft music in her room maybe. i just mine its time for nap time and lay her down with pcifer and her blankie and a sip of water and she is out. and mine is 21 months.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My almost 3 year old does this. It just comes to the point on where there's not much you can do. I agree see if laying down with her works. But if that doesn't, then maybe she's trying to cut out her naps. Some kids do that. My son doesn't mind his naps but he fight bedtime sometimes. And I mean for over an hour. I just keep reminding him it's bedtime. And as long as he stays in his room, I call it a compromise.
    SarahsAMommy

Answer by SarahsAMommy at 11:01 AM on Dec. 29, 2010