Has anyone been super-glued?

I just had a minor procedure where they used super-glue (Durabond) instead of stitches. 1. How long before you felt safe to shower? (It says a little water is ok-just not to scrub-but I'm still nervous about it) 2. How long before it started to come off?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• My little brother has been glues twice. They were both for injuries, top of his head and his chin, but the doctor didn't say anything to us about the glue other than not to scrub it. For a surgurie I would prob treat it like stitches. Good luck and maybe call your doctor and ask or wait until your follow up.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 1:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My mom was for her gall bladder surgery. She showered a week later. It was coming off like 10 days after surgery

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My son had it when he was about 18 months old. I wouldn't submerge the glue in water. And it wasn't on long at all.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I knew that they were using this for surgeries now. I like that! When I cut myself and think I might need stitches, I always use super glue instead! I hate going to the doctor or hospital! I would do some searching on the internet, but I am sure it will completely dissolve on it's own.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have. I couldn't get it wet til I'd had my follow-up with the surgeon, so I couldn't take a regular shower and I had to be careful in a shallow bath. I had to wipe around it to clean. Idk if it was the size & place of my incision (almost 8" vertical abdomen) but I had to be really careful. I don't remember how long it took either, I know I was healing decently by the time I saw my surgeon but I don't remember it coming off, it must have just dissolved...(it's been a couple of years and I was very out of it for a couple months after the surgery!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2010