• In the Spotlight:

Why am I starting to feel sick NOW?

I never had morning sickness and I'm 20 weeks so far... I've just started feeling the upset stomach thing for the past few days. Could this really be morning sickness starting or do yuo think I'm just getting the flu or something?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could either. :) We're coming into cold season, but it could also be morning sickness: it can appear at anytime during pregnancy. Lotsa fluids and if it gets worse, call your doctor to make sure it's not something you need medication for. Good luck, hope you feel better soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• All I know is my morning sickness/nausea has been horrible since the first month or so; so you are a lucky dog! Could be nerves, and possibly the flu due to the winter season. Check your temp every four hours and see if it fluctuates, that is really a good indicator... I hate the flu :(
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have had that also on and off in my second and now in my third trimester. My midwife and my SO brought it to my attention that this happened whenever I ate a large meal the night before, or earlier that day, it was also worse when I ate greasier foods. It still happens every now and then. I have a larger than normal fundal height as well, and I think this may be a part of the issue, because my big uterus is cramping my poor stomach so much! Maybe try eating smaller amounts less often and see if that helps before you ask your doctor at your next appointment.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my morning sickness took a while to start. pregnancy is crazy it does crazy things to u.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008