Would you save money by not going to do your hair and nails for parties?I am trying to go toFlorida and would like to save up more money. Any more helpful ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would skip them, but then again, I've never attended a party where I felt I should do my hair and nails, so that may be much easier said than done. If you need to have an up-do or something, see if you can get a friend to do it for you.

Also, you can buy kits to do your own French manicure for little cost. My left hand is pretty dumb about detail work, so from my experience, you may also want to ask a friend to help with that if you choose to take that route with your nails.

Good luck getting to Florida! :-)
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:02 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Your hair and nails you can do yourself so yes I'd cut them out. Also, daily coffee or anything like that I would cut out.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I Cut hair and nails out completely but don't eat out donate plasma twice a week etc
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Don't buy anything you don't need. Use coupons and sales when you grocery shop. Set aside some money from each check for a vacation fund.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I very rarely get my hair and nails done. there are SO many tutorials on youtube to learn how to do fancy hair by yourself for free! I also go to glamour.com for beauty tips and tricks
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, you would save money by cutting out those types of luxeries. Don't go get your hair dyed, or styled by an expensive salon. Don't get your nails done, don't go out and buy new outfits, etc. Cut back on magazine subscriptions, don't pay for cable/internet that you're not utilizing, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would cut out any fancy drinks do your own hair and nails and don't buy anything at all that you don't need for anyone.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks space toast.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010