Good tasting smoothing that has veggies that a toddler will like

Does anyone have a recipe for such a thing. My 19 month old is refusing veggies and I got a food processor for Christmas so I thought this would be a great idea. Although I dont know where to start....

navyjen

Asked by navyjen at 10:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Any frozen fruits - strawberries, bananas, kiwi, mango, peaches, etc - and blueberries. Blueberries hide anything. Spinach & carrots are impossible to taste, and are unseen if you remember a few blueberries. Avocado is really good too if he needs to gain weight ;). I just add in enough juice to make it blend-able. I don't follow recipes, I just throw it what sounds good each time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I make smoothies with yogurt and bananas and strawberries. But I have not put veggies in. Have you tried carrot sticks and ranch dressing? My kids always like that. The trick is to put it on the coffee table when they are hungry and just leave it there. Don't force it. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:01 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There's a website that has smoothie recipes, but I'm at work so I don't have the bookmark with me. But I agree with a previous reply, just throw things together. I've done that. Get some fruit, some veggies, some yogurt and of course milk. Pick a couple of fruits, a couple of veggies, put in some yogurt (or a little bit of juice), milk and mix...oh I usually had a little bit of ice too.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Beet juice is great and great for you!Experiment with it and make it kid fun too!!Have a contest who can make or come up witha new flavor?/ Beat is carrot juice ,beet,and pomagranet juice!!Have fun.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Add fruit in w/ the veggies
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010