How do you know when another mom wants to compete with you?As in kids ,house, clothing, figure face, etc.

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you know when she invites you to be a part of a tv reality show
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't compete with other moms, I am who I am - take it or leave it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i say their actions speak louder then words. sadly my sister in law and her sister have always have competed and it has come back to them by way of one of the children say my mom is prettier. now they are cousins thse little boys and the boy should never have to hear that from their parents that they are better especially if they are family. but i understand what you are saying. but by following their actions its easier to see if they are trying to compete. i personally do not compete. i am too old to compete in such a petty way.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• probably somewhere along the lines of .. if u buy ur little one a new top, they buy a complete new outfit .. you say youve bought new make up, they have a make over! just stuff like that, always trying to do one better,crazy if you ask me but still .. there are some crazy people out there
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well, I have a friend like that..she makes it VERY obvious by always one-upping me and my Son. The sad thing: she has said her son is doing things that he isn't - I have caught her in a lie so many times with that. I don't know why she feels the need to compete with me, especially with our kids..that's not what GOOD friends are supposed to do. I feel sorry for her, and for her son..because by her lying about his milestones/accomplishments/learning skills..she is basically saying he isn't doing good enough in HER eyes, just because he isn't doing what my Son is doing. That's what I get from it, anyway.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't know about a competition. But, I was always told immatation was the highest form of flattery.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sometimes women will get intimidated if they see you with the same type clothing, house and car.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010