Are your kids...

Ahead of others their age, right on track, or a little behind?
Mine is way ahead of others her age and some more than 6 months older...

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 11:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest is soon to be 4, and he has always been ahead of the game. My youngest is right on track with some stuff, ahead with others.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In some aspects he is ahead of kids his age. Other aspects he's right in line.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've never thought about it... I mean it's not really a contest is it..... I think he does good. Yes he could do better in some things, but it's hard to make sure things happen when I'm divorced.
    SarahsAMommy

Answer by SarahsAMommy at 11:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine were always ahead in physical things and behind a tad on talking and communication. They are now right where they are supposed to be at ages 6 and 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My boys are on track. My girls are a little ahead of children their ages. Not a huge deal.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My kids were always ahead of others I worked with them all the time to be that way though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My oldest is a little behind, but our youngest is ahead of the game. It's been a struggle with the oldest in school, she's almost been held back two years in a row.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My oldest is ahead in reading. My ds is ahead in reading and art. He draws better than all 4 year olds in his class. My 22 month old acts like she is closer to 4 and my 3 month old is only 3 months old. I will wait until she gets older to figure it out.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My oldest that I placed for adoption (18 yrs old now) is far above his peers and as a child took summer classes at various colleges around the US beginning at the age of 12.
    My second child (my oldest I'm raising) has always been far ahead of his peers, he's 16 and is still far ahead of his peers. He started reading medical dictionaries in 1st grade in order to learn bigger words and I taught him the basics of alegbra in kindergarten. He still challenges himself by taking on extra classes and projects along with tutoring and various clubs on top of his athletics.
    My younger son (12 yrs old) has always had trouble in school and learning in general. He suffers from short term memory loss, and had a very limited vocabulary when he was younger. With my help, his teachers and the IEP program he was in he is now ahead in some areas and right on track in others.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• He's behind in some things, right on track with some, and ahead with some.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010