Having a diaper issue PLEASE HELP!

I am not sure what is going on. But for the past 2-3 weeks my daughter has been soaking her pants or sleepers. And her diaper is hardly wet. I always used the same diapers and always put them on the same way. And some how lately she soaks her clothes instead of the diaper. Going thru like 8 outfits a day!!! Anyone have any suggestions? I tried switching 3 different brands of diapers and still the same outcome! All the laundry is killing me. Not to mention constantly giving her a bath. Once a day I don't want to bathe her every 4-5 hours. I use the baby wipes to clean her off. And at night before bed she gets a bath. What can I do to solve this issue? (oh and I have also used those plastic bloomer diaper covers and those don't work either. PLEASEEEEE HELP!!!!

Snootchies

Asked by Snootchies at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like you need to move up sizes.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Have you tried going to a larger size?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• maybe she has a bladder problem??? take her to her dr and talk to them about it.
    Anonymous

• what would a bladder ploblem have to do with wetting her clothes?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i would think that the diaper would be too big and isnt covering her all the way.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 3:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Is it when she sleeps, lays down, all the time? My DD did this from or laying with her knees tucked under her so that the pee went straight out her front, then she rolled over so her back was soaked, too. Took me a few days to figure out how the heck something her size peed that forcefully and how the diaper wasn't really that wet but she was. Also, I did have to move up a size so that her diaper came up more on her big ol' belly. Should be about to the belly button. Also, in back it should come nearly half-way. The elastic in the leg should NOT be in the crevice/bend of her leg- it should extend a little past that. Check her weight and the weight listed on the diapers you are buying.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• deff sounds like she needs a bigger size and when you move up start using luvs. their cheap and probably the best diaper there is.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That sounds odd. The diaper isn't even wet? Keep an eye on her and try to figure out when she is going. Try to see if she is twisting a certain way or moving her legs to cause the daiper to get out of place and not catch the pee pee. It sounds like the diaper might be too big in the legs. I had that problem with the luvs. It fit her waist well but not the legs so had leak issues. Pampers do good for us. Also, try to pull the diaper up higher on the waist and tighten so they fit the legs better. By any chance, when you change her are her clothes somehow in the diaper? Kids do weird things, ya know!
    Anonymous

• Right now she is only 14 lbs and 6 oz. She is almost 6 months old now. I know she is a little peanut. I had put her in size 2. Which is good up to 18 lbs. And I have tried using a bigger size. She will leak thru that even quicker than using the size 2 she is in now
    Snootchies

Answer by Snootchies at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well I have tried using a size bigger as well. And the same problem happens. She doesn't pee down her leg. It tends to come up the top. You would think she was a boy. LOL And was aiming up. I never had this issue with my son. I am trying to figure out a way for this issue to be solved. I feel so bad for her. The diapers are wet. But more pee ends up on her clothes than in the diaper. And I change her religiously. I am always checking because I don't want her in a dirty diaper ya know. And this issue happens at anytime. Sleeping, playing, laying down in her excersaucer thing it doesn't seem to matter if she is sitting laying standing up. It all ends up going up and out and onto her shirt and pants.
    Snootchies

Answer by Snootchies at 4:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008