coupon cliping show...follows people around who use them..saw a preveiw and was shocked

ok i know u can save money doing it wish i could do that much. one women does online coupons and dives in a dumpster they followed her to the store she spent 1,175.00 but w/ coupons and sales she only spent 51.45! another man spent...ready...5,743.00 and w/ coupons and sales...241.00!! are u watching the show? airs tonight..for me its 8pm on TLC. and what do u do to say at the register?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• I save about 20% usually using store sales mainly and sometimes coupons. I don't want to buy tons of stuff and have to store it and remember that I have it and where and if it will expire.

Answer by Bmat at 11:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I honestly don't see how people do it. I usually buy generic items anyway because those are cheaper usually and of course you can't get coupons for generic stuff. And anything that they usually have coupons for is stuff I usually don't even buy.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my husband buys coupons off ebay for like a buck an envelope full. We save over $200 almost every checkout. We are on food stamps and couponing really helps stretch our food stamp allowance. i also sign up with all the mfgs to get coupons and get a lot of BOGO free coupons and totally free coupons this way. I also shop only at Krogers which triples and doubles coupon face values.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I need to watch this show. Im starting using coupons.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I always use coupons I'm glad you posted this I am going to go dvr the show!
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow- I'm pretty good about shopping the sales & using my coupons but that's insane! I'm always afraid the online coupons are either fake or wont be honored, unless I use the store websites.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Coupons are good, if you know how to use them and calculate things like price per each or price per ounce. In the end, it's all about knowing your shopping habits, your family and what you will/will not use before it's wasted.

The *BEST* I've ever done was when I lived in AZ and shopped at Fry's during triple coupons. I filled a cart to overflowing ($275 or so) and spent just over $40.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have never saved more than 20% at the register.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I average 30-45% off on my grocery shopping. If I plan ahead I can break 50%, and of course, some trips I get everything for free. This show is a bunch of sensationalistic crap. I spend less than a hour a week doing everything, including the shopping. I know a lot of other people who shop the same way (and get the same savings).

A while ago, there were casting calls posted on some of the frugal living websites looking for people to be followed. I hope, for their sake, that these are not the same people who were actually trying to share something good getting the Wife Swap treatment.

I rarely get generic, btw. Between unit pricing and coupons it's rarely cheaper unless it's something that's always cheap anyway. If anyone is really interested, I have a group here explaining how it works, and there are some others. Mine focuses more on only eating healthy while couponing, no processed crap and still cheaper.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• omg,i saw that last night on t.v and was shockd also,I love coupns but i dnt thnk i would go dumpster diveing for them.lol,That was crazy but hey wat eva floats they boat.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010