When should i start my son on baby food?

My son is 4 months when should i start him on baby food?

MomAsia

Asked by MomAsia at 11:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It depends on. Usually the answer is around 6 months. But I had a baby to work with where we started the weaning procedure at 4 months because the milk wasn't enough for him anymore and he was hungry all the time. He kept waking up at night and being restless daytime. Since we started to give him the baby food he changed and became a calm and really good baby. It is really depends on the child and the family.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I can't believe people say 6 months now! If I waited until 6 months my baby would starve! Lol.. I started at 4 months. Just let the baby taste cereal if they like it keep it up!
    edensgarden101

Answer by edensgarden101 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Eden, they will not starve. The infant gut is designed for nothing but a liquid diet till six months. They WILL NOT starve. Meet my eleven year old who had NO solids till six months... he was HUGE and absolutely didn't starve.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would recommend no sooner then 6 months.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i started my son on baby food and cereal mixed together(cereal doesn't taste good by itself) around 2-3 months old. formula just wasn't enough for him
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I started my son on cereal around 5 months no baby food yet he is 6 months now and I think im going ot try and start mixing it with the cereal and see how he likes it...he has his whole life to eat food I dont wanna rush it but I dont think you should wait too long either
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010