Can u help?

so the past few days i've been having a stuffy/runny nose, itchy throat, and some coughing. No fever, no headache? Should I see doctor or what can i take that is safe for me and my baby. I am 20 weeks........... I will forvever thank u for ur help.

BRITTN3Y

Asked by BRITTN3Y at 11:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• that's a cold. All you can use is Tylenol. It'll run it course

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It sounds like a virus, I would call your doc to ask what/if any over the counter meds you can take. Or just take hot steamy showers, suck on some hard candy or take a tablespoon or teaspoon of honey(it works just as good as a otc cough med).

Good luck and Feel better!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• you should go see your doctor anyhow. Sounds like you have a touch of flu or a virus. Your dr can prescribe something that is safe for you to take.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Go to the pharmacy and as something for cold. I would say Aspirin-C but I am not sure if it is ok for pregnant ladies. In the pharmacy they can offer you things for pregnant mums. Here, in England most pharmacist better than the actual GPs:( Read this article. There are some amazing tips for pregnant women with flu.

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/health_wellness/complications/illnesses_infections/photos_Nineteen_pregnancy_safe_remedies_for_cold_and_flu_symptoms

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You don't seem to be feeling sick enough to go to the doctor unless you want to go for your peace of mind. At this point I'd say gargle with warm salt water (about a cup of water with about a half teaspoon or teaspoon of salt). If you sniff it up your nose and spit it out, you can rinse out some of the yuck. I now use a neti-pot. I use the premixed packets ( salt and baking soda, mix with water), hold your head sideways over the sink and pour the solution in one nostril so that it pours out of the other- very easy to use, but you can mix your own. It helps rinse out the nasal area and it does help my sinuses. It sounds as though you either are getting a virus or you are reacting to dry indoor conditions due to heating the rooms.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Drink some tea, have some honey in it. Up your fluides and get plenty of rest. If you feel like you can not fight it off then go to the dr.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you have any worries, do not hesitate to go to the doctor esp. if you're pregnant! That's what I'm always told.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would go see my doctor anyhow. Sounds like you have a touch of flu or a virus. Your dr can prescribe something that is safe for you to take.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• go to the doc!
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 9:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010