9 month old and scrambled eggs?

i was wondering if anyone has given their baby scrambled eggs? my dd will be 9mo on saturday and ive never given them to her but i really dont know why or what to say when other ppl ask why? i just always heard not too any advice would be great thanks

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just did the yolks,but yes,its fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Some people say not to give babies egg whites specifically until they are one year of age because of the incidence of egg allergies (which is to the protein in the whites). But I did at about 9 months.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I started feeding my kids eggs around that age. With some toast and crumbled sausage. My kids never ate baby food, they always ate what we were eating.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I waited till he was a year because thats what his doc told me....But i know people who gave it to their kids before then and it wasnt a big deal.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have heard on here not to give eggs before 1 year. But I gave them to my kids. They are soft and easy to eat. My kids had them at around 9 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Before you give her eggs, read this article. It is all about your question: http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/when-can-my-baby-eat-eggs.html

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You do have to watch for allergies, so I would talk to the peditrician.

My son is allergic to raw eggs, so you have to be careful. He can eat, cake, pancakes, french toast as long as the egg is cooked. Now a days you never know....

They all ate scrammbled eggs young, but I always made sure they were cooked well.... Didn't find out about the raw egg thing until he was 5.... Go figure, and the peanut allergy until he was 5.... Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We didn't have any family history of allergies, so all of mine got eggs around that age and all did fine. But like I said, we had no allergy history so a fairly low chance of an allergic reaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I googled, and this is what I found, that some moms didn't because of worry about salmonella, that some didn't because of what their doctors told them, that some cooked the yolks well but didn't feed whites because of possible allergy problems (and if you have allergies in your family then avoid them) and at least one doctor said yes feed eggs because then they'd know for the one year shots whether there would be an allergy problem. From what I read, I don't think I'd do it. When my children were little, there wasn't the worry about salmonella, and even though allergies do run in my family, I'd never heard of not feeding eggs. But now that I've read up on it, there are many other things to feed a baby, so I wouldn't give scrambled or other eggs.

Answer by Bmat at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We have family allergies out the wazoo. I waited until a year with both my babies. And low and behold both of them got all red where ever the eggs touched their skin...so no eggs for them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010