normal?? adult content

my son is 18 months now, and every time we change him since about 6 months he has fought us every time. I am talking like screaming, squirming and acting like he is being tortured. I dont get it. He has no infections or rashes or any other reason to cause him acting like this...it seems to be getting worse. Is there any reason he could be acting like this or is it just normal for kids to fight diaper changes like this....

mylady13135

Asked by mylady13135 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he'd rather be elsewhere
    its normal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Get him involved. Have him get his diaper and wipes ready. Ask him to lie down so you may change him and compliment him on how helpful he is being. My daughter who is 19 months does this alot as well and by getting her involved she is more cooperative....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When my daughter did that at that age I would give her a special "changing time toy" to play with.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ugh normal......my son is the same age and it is driving me nuts....I can look at DS and say "are you done now" and he will stop and just lay there....lol....the part thats the worse for me is him locking his legs so you cant get to his behind to wipe him...ugh!! Hang in there!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• most kids dont dont like to have their daipers changed. my grandson hated it especially if he was doing something like playing.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 11:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• give him something to hold or play with. it is normal. or he might even be ready to potty train. maybe he hates his diapers.
    sunflower1986

Answer by sunflower1986 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• our 20month old is like that he has hated diaper changes since day one and the older he got the harder it became to change him. he screams bloody murder its like we are beating him lol. We are now potty training and he likes to be in his big boy underwear and it actually seems to be going very well but our little one may not be ready so hang in their mommy.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine was like that as a newborn, but got over it. Trying talking about changing time in a positive way, make it fun for him.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010