What kind of e book do you use?

I am an avid speed reader and usually take out about 40 books at a time from the library to hold me 3 weeks until I can go again (my boss lets me take an extra long lunch every 3 weeks to walk to the downtown library.).

I want to get an ebook but don't have a lot of money. I would prefer one in color that I could get my grandson some books for his level as well.

I am looking for people who have them as to their opinions of the pros/cons of them.

horsegal2760

Asked by horsegal2760 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am happy with my new Kindle. It doesn't have color, though. It does have child books available. I think for a child I'd get a nook or some other e-reader that has color.

Answer by Bmat at 11:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nook is the only one in color. But Kindle does have an app for your computer, and has a lot of free classics to download.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have the new Nook. But if I were you I would stick to the library. It's free. You would spend way too much money buying books on the Nook. I only bought one so far and it was $12. You can share and borrow with other people, but still, you read a lot!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a kindle on my Droid phone. I like it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a Nook, but not the color one. I still prefer regular books (nothing like turning pages). But it is the only one I know of that offers a color version. You will spend a TON of money on books if you aren't careful, though. There is a huge selection of freebies, but they aren't any of the most popular, current titles.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 9:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have the Sony Reader and I love it.. It's the smaller version which is great because it will fit in my purse when I am traveling.
    Heatherdm45

Answer by Heatherdm45 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have the PanDigital EReader which is similar to the Nook and it is in color. It has the Barnes/Noble App on it so you can buy ebooks,there are some free ones as well and u can lend and borrow from anyone that has an account with B&N. So far,its pretty nice and Ive only had it since Christmas. The difference between this and Kindle is this one is internet capable,and u can download pics,videos,etc.

guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 12:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011