Biggest birthday let down. Have one?

Call me an ungrateful wench, I don't care. I knew my husband had gotten me a gift card of some sort for my b-day today and I ASSumed it would be Barnes N Noble since I've been saying for months how I have about a dozen books on my Nook wish list.
I open the gift and it's.... Victoria Secret. WTF. I don't shop there. Books. All I wanted was books.

Any bad b-day gifts for you?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• Aww, sorry about that. He must have wanted you to have something sweet and feminine.

Answer by Bmat at 11:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The worst birthday of my life.... everyone I knew forgot about it. No calls, no emails, no cards, no cake, not a single present.

The only birthday wishes I got were the automated ones from some rewards clubs I belonged to.

And worse, a week later when I was STILL hurt about it, my own MOM asked me what was up my ass! When I told her, all she said was "Oh. Well, you're an adult now. It's not like your birthday is that important anymore." You'd think of *ANYONE* my own MOM would remember my birthday!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh of course. When I was a child. But now I usually go and help to choose my presents. So I get what I want:P Ok, it is not a big surprise but well, better of this way:) I've learnt, hints doesn't do the tricks:D
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well maybe you should look into it... I think your husband is suggesting that you do start.

Which is a nice twist I think. Not all men think what would she like, which is sad, but you know your husband better then we do. So, instead of hinting next time, just say baby, I would prefer a barnes and nobles gift card.

If you don't want it, shoot I could put it too use. I never really shop there, but if my man gave me one. I would be honored that he wants me to get something sexy.... Or new and treat my self. So, should you. I think he loves you alot but just doing what alot of men do, don't think.... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• How about none? In 30 years of marriage, my husband has NEVER given me a birthday present. Sometimes a card but that is rare.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My birthday was 12/23. My husband was asleep when I left for work. The only call I got was from my older sister. Only 1 friend came to see me. When I got home, nothing, not a Happy Birthday from anyone. Oh, and on Christmas, I got an EMAIL from my mom saying happy belated birthday and merry christmas. I realize I just had a baby and everything is about her, but shouldn't someone make an effort to make the mommy feel good?
    deccaf

Answer by deccaf at 11:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Get something sexy and fabulous for you and you can both appreciate it...

Happy New Year try something new... YOu might like it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh, yeah, I have one.
    My DH had been working a lot. I told him what I really wanted was time with him. I wanted to cuddle in front of the TV with a movie and just spend time with him. He said he was going to get me a little something anyway, but promised he would leave work early on my bday and we would have 'our time' together.
    He left work, had to stop and get me flowers, said he was going to get me daisies, as they were my favorite, but they didnt' have them so he got me whatever.
    Then he stopped to pick up my favorite dessert from a local bakery, but they didn't have any of my favorite so he just picked up whatever.
    All of this and he wound up coming home late anyway and we didn't get our 'our time' together.
    Then he had the nerve to say "Well, it's the thought that counts, isn't it?" Yeah, if he had put some thought into it!! He left everything to the last minute and came up empty and I didn't even get his time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This may sound ungrateful, but there are websites where you can sell unwanted gift cards. www.plasticjungle.com is one such site. If I were pissed enough, I would do it as it honestly sounds like he was hoping you'd buy something for him as Victoria Secret and not something just for you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• At my Sweet 16 party my douch bag of an ex boyfriend broke up with me... I spent my whole party crying in my room... asshole!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010