Maybe it is just me on CM

If you don't tell people exactly what they want to hear. They get all bent out of shape. Its like they want you to tell them the answer they want! Well as everyone knows life does not work out that way. So you get bashed by other Moms or the O.P. This isn't just pertaining to me but to anyone who post. Its like don't ask a question if you aren't prepared to hear the truth. I'm not talking about hurting anyone's feelings...I'm just talking about giving them a straight answer...Am I wrong? Should I start sugar coating every answer I give?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• no I think most respect getting an honest answer. We are all here to share our vast experiences.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no its importent to say how you feel about it but just remmeber your answer may not always be the right one. what may be right for someone else isnt always right for another person. Iv gotten some advice on here and i have actually said to myself are freaking kidding me? What is that parent thinking? LOL So it all depends on the situation.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Haha, don't sugarcoat:P I haven't met anyone bashing anyone because of their answers. Only exception: Anonymus writer bitching around. But I don't care about Anonymus people who don't have enough backbones to say: hey this is me and this is my opinion. I agree with you: if someone doesn't like to get answers she doesn't like than do not post a question:) And if someone doesn't like an answer they can vote down so it appears in the end of the answers and not in the beginning. Where did you find those people who bashed you because of your answer? Anyway you can learn after a while what questions do they worth to answer. So you can save yourself from not so clever people who just want to hear their voices:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I see that daily. It doesn't matter what your opinion is if it's not to someones liking you are bashed no wonder so many post anon they can actually say what they feel and even though they get bashed for it they still have it out. I will post anon answers for just that reason at times.We are all different in our thinking and SHOULD be entitledto our own opinions yet we are not and get bashed for not thinking like someone else. I gave an honest answer  awhile ago I know others weren't with me on it but I gave it anyway because that is truly how I feel.  I don't think we should discount someone else's feelings over any matter. I either won't naswer something or answer it and see if people agree or not but to me it doesn't matter either way this is who I am and I give the answer to the best of my ability.

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You're right. People get voted down for no reason a lot. Or worse get called names simply because they express a different opinion.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, shoot...

I was completely honest with a girl who I thought was a true friend. She got all bent out of shape, started saying stupid stuff. I was just being honest, the truth hurts.

Now, after 26 years of friendship, we don't talk anymore. I didn't realize me being honest with her would affect our friendship but guess what I realized we were never friends.
    I say get over it.... As long as the people are not mean and rude, then take it for what it is worth and yes you might learn something along the way.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• .Am I wrong?

No, and there are some who are looking for what they want to hear. I think it's usually misunderstandings or grudges, though. More arguments start because someone reads something and decides it should read sarcastically or mean when it's all perfectly benign words - they just don't like the person who wrote them. Something as simple as - do you drink beer? If someone answers, no, I prefer wine, and the OP doesn't like that person, they turn it into a massive indictment against beer, class warfare, the person saying they are better than everyone else, etc etc.

Personally, if someone has an issue, I'd rather they take it up with me directly rather than keep running behind my back, after which I get a dozen pm's about "so and so" is posting about you again in question xyz, (NOT suggesting this is one of them) so I'd rather see the ugly contained to one question than branching to 5 different sections.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think people sometimes just want support or to know someone can hear them. some answers are mean and nasty even if it is the truth and the truth is sometimes there is no polite way to say the truth.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Women in general don't know how to fight fair. There's the age old adage about not bringing other fights into a new fight in your marriage. Well, you shouldn't do that on cm either, but people do.

Say you post X. Well, you may not realize that X was a battle royale grudge match between two major players last week. Well, now, both players show up on your question, one of them thinks your great, and the other is going to carry the battle all over the entire site for the next month, because she's. That. Right. and You. Are. Wrong.

Don't take it personally.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I come to CafeMom for the primary reason of being able to say what I feel on certain issues/topics, because in real life it is often difficult--having to play "office politics" or being excessively mindful of political correctness, etc.

In real life I have few girl friends because the majority of women I have met in my travels don't WANT to hear the truth! I have neither the time nor the inclination to listen to, or get involved in peoples' insecurity fueled drama!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010