Does this make me a bad mother?

Because I have had sex four times since I concieved my son. Or maybe is it just the fact that I am 16 that makes me a bad mother? Even better yet, is it because I get upset when my BD practically refuses to be apart of our son's life becuase he would rather spend time with his GF? Everyone always bashes me in my posts as a "low life" or a "bad mother" and quite frankly I am just tired of it. I am trying like hell to make a good life for my son and I. I have worked hard to graduate early and to work full time. I am even starting college next month. So what is it that makes you think I am such a horrible mother? You don't know me and I don't know you, so why judge so harshly? I don't criticize your parenting, so why do you feel the need to bash mine? Maybe I wrong but I thought women came on here for support,friends, and advice. I am getting that, but I am also getting rude, cruel, and heartless people making rude comments that are unnesesary and uncalled for. Thanky ou for reading my rant I am just tired of being looked down on and would like to know why people feel the need to do this. Thank you. - Rylie

noahsmommy16

Asked by noahsmommy16 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• ummmmm..according to your screen name, youve been with cafemom for a total of what, 2 minutes???
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• NO, I havent been on here long but it has been at least a month if not more.
    noahsmommy16

Comment by noahsmommy16 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• So sorry you are feeling all of that. People tend to think that they have gone through this and they all know better then the person actually posting does. I commend you for getting your life in order and trying to make a better life for you 2. Keep smiling everyone is battling something that they don't show on here. Good Luck with school!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• its hard to ignore those people but you should try. Those are people are just so unhappy that they feel the need to worry about all the negative things other people are doing just too make themselves feel better. Your welcome for listening sometimes it feels good just to get it off your chest. Just keep doing what your doing most 16 yr old mothers don't graduate let alone make it to college so good for you!
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thank you. There is just so much going on right now my head is spinning. Then, when I get a moment of peace I get on here and get bashed? It's agitating.
    noahsmommy16

Comment by noahsmommy16 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Best of luck to you and your not a bad mom for being a young mom. :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sorry...I must have missed the part where someone bashed you. My dd was 13 when she got pregnant. She turned out to be a great mother. From the things you said, I don't see where anyone could call you a bad mother. It's more like you didn't make good decisions but we all have done that! It has nothing to do with you being a good/bad mother. Love your son. Make good decisions for him. It will be fine. Welcome to CM

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think it may be because you use the term BABY DADDY. Yeah, that's the criteria. *grin*

Don't worry about it. Even though there's lots of assholes in here, this isn't high school. So don't let the sneering and leering get to you.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks
    noahsmommy16

Comment by noahsmommy16 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You registered on 25th Dec. This is the first question you actually asked. Where did you get those bad people around? Maybe you are not in the best group. But it takes one to get one. So maybe your behaviour makes people to say things for you. I don't know. Try to find a group that is good for you. You are really young so don't worry. You will live. And I am sure you are a good mum and trying to do everything for your child. Otherwise you wouldn't be here:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010