I don't normally put my business out there but...

I normally don't put my business out there, but I need some outside input. I know its probably not that big of a deal but I would still like to remain anonymous so I am posting here as opposed to a public forum. I will try to give as much information as possible.

We recently had a big change and moved pretty far from my family. I am doing OK with the move, but for another 2 months we will continue to stay with another family member, and their kids. We have a move out date set but it seems like so far away. This is a good thing for us but we have to go through the tough to get to the good. To add to the matter, I have a physical ailment that has had me laid up for the past few weeks. That should change within the next week or so but due to said ailment, I can't get down and play with my kids the way I am used to, can't be up for longer than 10 minutes without being in pain.

Lately I have not been myself. I am like a ticking time bomb. I have be so short fused and taking some of it out on my husband. Thank the Lord for that wonderful man because he is trying to help me but he doesn't fully understand. Heck, I don't even understand. I have no interest in getting up and going out, I dread it actually. Once I am out and about, I am fine and I can enjoy myself and my company. Since we are pinching every penny to get in our own place, that does not happen often.

I am quick to get frustrated, not only with my own children but with those of whom I am staying with. I don't take it out on them but rather bottle it up and shove it deeper inside. I feel my blood boil at the smallest of things anymore.

I have a lot of insecurity, mostly due to my childhood. I am a lot better than I used to be but I still have a ways to go. During our stay here, my parenting style has been critiqued and looked down upon by another adult in this house. I know I am a damn good mother and I should not let it bother me, because the individual doing the critiquing is far from perfect. However, it does bother me, a lot. It makes me feel inadequate, and adds to my frustration and lack of confidence.

My husband tries to talk to me about it, so I can get some relief from the frustration and anger in my head. Talking through it does help to a point, but I just have so much anger, frustration, sadness, sometimes loneliness. I miss back home and often I second guess our decision but I know this will be worth it in just a few months. I am afraid that my husband is just going to get sick of me. (but on the same note, I know the man I married and he would not turn his back on me) I know these moods really get to and bother him. He just wants the happy "go with the flow" woman he married. I am trying but I don't know how else to get out of this slump.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Maybe try keeping a journal. I think what you are feelingis normal considering the move, staying with family, and a physical thing going on and money being tight. Sounds like it woul dmake anyone down and stressed. Just write out the things you are looking forward to doing with your own place. Dream on paper, vent on paper...it help alot to get it out!!! You can write it in letter form or like a journal or make lists. If you are worried abot someone reading it then write it and tear it up..or burn it in a fire place is theraputic too. Good luck!! Maybe make a count down to move out day so you can see the progress!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yeah it does help to get it out there. So try talking here more about your gripes may help. Find a group that has people with similar situations to yours? Or just come on here and complain. We love to have some complainers here. LOL, really we love to try to help each other out. Just be warned some people take it a step too far. You can always delete your question if you don't like the answers!
    Let it out honey!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Talk to him about it as often as possible while you're in the current situation. A few months will fly by...it doesn't seem so now, but it really will. Write it out in a journal. As tough as it is, IGNORE the "critiquer"...don't even acknowledge one negative thing they say about your parenting. As a matter of fact, while there in that situation, your mantra should be, "So-an-so doesn't exist in my world" Every. Damn. Time. this person opes their mouth to criticize you.

You're not there forever, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think your hubby would get sick of it in such a short time, especially if he's ready, willing, and able to talk to you about the issues.

Best of luck, mama!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 1:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010