i am having very sharp pains in my lower left hand side of my back and it raps around to my belly button do you know what it could be i am 39 weeks pregnant

39 weeks i am not dilated only softening out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Labor! Call Your Dr. ASAP!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• if not labor round ligament pain. The ligaments supporting your uterus are very very stretched out right now. But I'm sure you know that.:) This can cause pain in the area you describe. Aren't you happy that it's almost over??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Perhaps kidney stone. But those are so painful I am sure you'd go to the hospital by now. Perhaps Labor or false labor pains....?
    Ladiesusan1

Answer by Ladiesusan1 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It could be where the baby is laying, and at this stage, anything could be labor right now, it may be Braxton Hicks. Don't worry too much, if it's a frequent feeling, call your OB and ask if you should come into pre- delivery for check-up. Unless your water breaks or you've lost the plug completely, it may not be labor. But keep a timer on it, write it down if you need to, if the pain gets harder and tighter, def call your ob and let them know what you're feeling, it could be the start of a long pregnancy ! I'm 36 and I'm just countin' down myself!
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 1:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It could be labor, the baby could be laying on something, it could be a kidney stone, you could've pulled a muscle... call your doctor in the morning & describe the pain. He'll tell you if you should go in or not.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• That definitely does NOT sound like round ligament pain. I would see your doctor or at least call ASAP. That really sounds like labor!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i have the same pains all mine are false labor
    Anonymous