Has this happened to you...

My BFF & I exchanged Christmas gifts & she gave me a photo album that I gave to her last Christmas!!! What would you have done?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• This is too funny, she regifted your gift to her, I dont know how I would of reacted, probably not thinking at the time I would have said didn't I give you this last year!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would have said, oh, I loved this when I bought it for you, too!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• rolling on flooromg, that's precious. I would have just thanked her!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Probably just thanked her. She may not have remembered who gave it to her.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would have just thanked her. Some people regift things that they don't use, it's nothing to take personally. I do think it's funny that she forgot where it came from though! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Haha I would have done nothing but I would have felt like she didnt like the album I gave her last year. next year maybe just give her a gift card..or go get pedis together before christmas instead of exchanging gifts.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope I can't say it has...

:)< she didn't remember who gave it too her, but if it was my real friend I would have thanked her and said Wow, I love it, it looks like the one I gave you last year....

;) Thanks I wanted one....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Are you sure it was the exact same album and not another one exactly like it?

One year my grandmother sent us the Christmas card that we had sent her two years earlier. I know it was the same card because she had scribbled over where my sister and I had signed it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, saying thanks looks like the one I gave you last year. Adding, you must have really liked it. Thanks for getting it for me!! That way it won't be bugging you that you didn't let her know she gave it back to you without really accusing her. If it's not bothering you too much, I'd say let it go. I give my gifts I don't want or like to my DD to give to the kids for teachers, no problem with that for me. LOL :)
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would have said wow thanks I gave it to you last year! I love it. BTW my best friend gives me presents every year after I ask her not to. I don't have extra cash and I don' t want her to just find me a gift because she feels she should! I do give her a home made fruit cake every year... She still gives me gifts every year. I love her and am never gonna change her so I say thanks honey I love you...
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010