How can I start actually sticking to the schedules and plans I set up?

I plan out schedules and things, and then find it really hard to stick to them... I don't know if its just me or Im missing something in the planning process to motivate myself...

RockerMomToTwo

Asked by RockerMomToTwo at 12:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, you missing the motivation. Go to a Life coach:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am starting to learn that just keep at it, if you go off schedule then pick your self up and do it again. I am having the same problem, but like anything else I am realizing that you can' t give up and it takes time and with time you will find it natural to do....

OMG, I hope I am right, but it is like riding a bike, you can always ride a bike whether you believe it or not. It becomes natural....

Good luck and wish me luck I am trying too.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The first thing you must do in planning is realize you need to plan things in that you are really willing to do.. Meaning DON'T PLAN THAT WHICH IS NOT GONNA BE DONE.. Otherwise you are scheduling your own failure. Planning to fail that is simply silly.

Plus if you want to change things in your family... You must make small steps not huge sweeping changes.. Change one thing and then do it.. You can create a new habbit for your family in 14-21 days.... So add one change a month.. Then intentionally daily make sure you do those things...
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 12:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I plan everything also...I had that same problem then I realized that I dont get motivated to do anything until after my 2nd cup of coffee so now my day dosnt start till about 9....if there is anything before that then I will get so far behind....It just takes a while to get into the habbit of doing things on a set schedule. Hang in there you can do it!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Start small. Don't plan every minute of every day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You need to write them down. Do you have a plan book. Then you cross them off after you complete them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks alot guys these answers really do help, I guess I have been trying to plan too much at once and trying to plan out the entire day, which is pretty unrealistic at this point... thanks again :)
    RockerMomToTwo

Comment by RockerMomToTwo (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i make lists but life doesn't always stick to schedules ,so plan to start something then plan the finish!and if that does not work do like everyone else,fly by the seat of your pants!!I always wait till the last minute it seems and then kill myself to get things done.This does work but oh so stressful.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have to agree with 2boys4momma.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010