• In the Spotlight:

i took a test

So, I decided to take a pregnancy test because I just feel pregnant. After the 3 miute time limit it showed negative, but I just happened to look again 2 minutes later it there was a faint positive. Should I retest?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wait another day or two.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would retest for sure, even a faint positive is a positive

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't see how it would hurt.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would retest. But with my second I took a test and it didnt show up right away when I looked again it was a faint positive the next morning i took another one and it was for sure positive. When I relooked at the test it had only been about 10 mins after taking the test if you wait too long the result could be wrong
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Retest after a few days, most tests say to not read the results after a certain amount of time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ahh just go get a digital one. I hope you do get the result that you want.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine said do not read after 10 minutes. It took 5 to see a positive. I think I will wait a couple days and test again with a digital test. Thanks for your advice girls!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am going through the same thing right now. when pregnant with my son i had strange symptoms almost uti symptoms but uti was negative and preg positive but i went to a dr and they did a blood preg test which is accurate even if you are just 2-3 weeks along. The hpt work funny sometimes. I took 2 so far out of the 3 pack and both seemed to be a faint second line and i didnt wait too long to look at it. My cycles are irregular so i am going to wait till this weekend to take the 3rd. I have the same symptoms and the uti kit i bought was negative as well. I do not want to be pregnant and was being safe. I am so annoyed
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Awe, don't be annoyed. It seems stressful right now, but you will absolutly just fall in love with the baby when he or she is born. I was upset to be pregnant with my 3rd (which I miscarried) but when they told me I lost the baby I cried for about a week. Be sure to let me know what you results are :) I will do the same!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My symtoms right now are sore boobs, nauseous at times, I had cramp abotu 3 days ago, I am so tired, but I cannot sleep.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010