Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question........

My DF has been drawing unemployment since I made a lot more money this past year. We have two children together- who would benefit more from claiming the kids or should we do like usual and each of us claim one?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • Do it both ways and find out. It is an easy exercise to do it all ways.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 12:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • I would do your taxes several different ways (Using Turbotax or a similar program) to see which way was more beneficial for your family.

    Answer by Scuba at 12:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • I would do it both ways

    Answer by sassy43082 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • Likely you claiming both, but i agree with above, you can almost finish your taxes and see the amount you will get back and then start over to compare with online tax programs!!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • Do both of your taxes on-line & see who gets the higher return.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • It depends on how much both of you made.

    I would file it both ways just to see which one gets you the biggest refund.

    Here's the website that we use:

    Good luck!

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.