twilight?

whats your opinion on these books?? and movies??

momof241988

Asked by momof241988 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I enjoyed the movies very much, I want to read the books but I don't have time. Theyre a little more aimed towards teens than Id like but its still a guilty pleasure of mine. My younger sisters and I, and even my mom all get together to watch the movies and play the games...
    RockerMomToTwo

Answer by RockerMomToTwo at 12:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I LOVE them! I have gone to Forks and La Push beach many times! My dd loves the movies and she gets really nervous when we take her to Forks, in fact we can not tell where we are going lol! I can not wait for more!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The books are better than the movies, of course, but I love them both equally. I think Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer and did an incredible job with the books. They sucked me in and I couldn't put them down easily! The movies kick butt, although I know Twilight could have been better. So far, though, the rest have been more than what I expected. And..I am OBSESSED. ;D
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We prefer the books - we loved them. I devoured them in a matter of days.

The movies are okay, but I don't love them as much as the books. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I love these books an movies
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I tried them but found they were designed for the late teens. They became a fad. Not really worth the time. I was very disappointed. Very little substance.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I lovingly (hee hee) refer to them as trendy vampire trash. I have an 11 year old little girl and a 14 year old little sister...so my house is inundated with the stuff..The plot lines are predictable..It's Jacob! No, OMG it's Edward! OMG, BELLA'S GONNA die!!!! OMG!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!

She's safe! and it's Edward! (this is the plot of all of them.) and the girl who plays Bella went to the Keanu Reeves school of acting, (she makes one face for everything.)

But if you watch it with a teen/tween, it's really enjoyable. Mostly because THEIR faces are so freaking awesome.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i am the biggest twilight fan just making sure im not alone... :)
    momof241988

Comment by momof241988 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• IMHO, I thought they were horrid. I couldn't get past the first book or film. Predictable, poorly written, purple prose that relied heavily on Bella's haplessness and "rebel without a clue" one-dimensionality. Edward is domineering and controlling to the point of abusive. (Seriously, if a CMer said her husband DISABLED HER CAR to prevent her from leaving her house, what would you say??) And the whole Jacob "imprinting" on Bella's infant daughter reeks of pedophilia to me. I found the whole thing disturbing and laughable. I've read better fanfic from 13 year olds.

However, YMMV.

geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010