At what age did you let your children take baths on their own?

coreym

Asked by coreym at 12:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, we kind of do this in stages. Let me explain, when they are old enough to wash themselves pretty good, they get to do that, but they still need help washing hair, so mom does that. When they can wash everything all by themselves, and do a good job is hard to say, I am just now letting my 7yo ds shower completly on his own. I do still have to poke my head in the door and tell him to hurry up.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 12:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My Son has never taken a bath on His own. He has been showering since before He turned 2 because that is what He prefers. I still help Him wash but He is working on doing it on His own, and He can stand in there without me in the bathroom..but I don't do it often. He is a Big Boy and knows not to jump around in the shower, but I don't want to take chances while He is still so young.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my son is 5, i leave him to play, and then i go in and wash him. i live in a mobile home and it is not big, so i can here him from every place in the trailer. he is loud and makes a mess, so as long as i can hear him, i leave him be to make a mess!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• mama2bof2
    I have a 4yr old and that's what I do but my friend lets her 4yr old bathe by herself.
    coreym

Comment by coreym (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My DD has been playing in the tub on her own since 2.5 She is 4 now. I still help her wash her hair and body when bath time is done though. She is playing in the tub right now. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I actually let my son play in the tub by himself when he was about 18 months old. We lived in a small house at the time, so unless I went past the kitchen, I could see and hear him from everywhere.

It stopped when he started taking his cup and throwing water on the floor. Now he's almost 4 and he prefers for one of us to be in there.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 3 to 4 depending on the child.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 3 to 4 depending on the child, mine was 3..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010