Has anyone used the Kumon learning program?

I am considering getting my 13 year old (8th grader) in Kumon? I would like your opinions?

Genigen

Asked by Genigen at 3:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• I've seen the workbooks at Borders but have never talked to anyone that's used them. I'd like to know what others think about it too.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think I read that it's just repetition...So, I print out the same lesson place for my daughter to complete for a week, We start on Sunday, and I help her, by Saturday, she's cut her completion time down to about half and knows the work. It's a lot of work for me, but her feeling successful is what I'm striving for. By about Tuesday, she's clenching her teeth, but " people who do their work get special privileges" I think I saved myself a couple thousand bucks. Enchanted Learning is $20.00 per year. 

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2008