How to be a good housewife

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Good-Housewife

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL I think whoever wrote it came out of the 1950's or is a man. First of all, I do stay home and I have 5 kids so sometimes I will admit I might not make it into make up, or even anything nice to wear because I am knee high in cleaning, a sick child, or who knows what else since everyday just cant be "planned". My house is usually clean, but some days DH might come home and step over a play station remote, but you know? Hes good with it. I do cook almost every night because its cheaper, and I try and make things everyone liked because Im a mom and its how we roll. Some nights, its KFC. As for being mindful, well my husband knows its a two way street. I have bad days and work just as hard as he does at work.
    Whoever thinks being a sahm is a walk in the park has never been one.

Answer by gemgem at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sorry, i don't need a link to tell me how to be a good housewife. the house is clean, the dishes are done, and my husband has clean clothes for work. my kids are loved and fed, and the animals haven't taken over yet......call me suzy home maker! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Its not terrible. Its quite practical. Sure I may not agree with everything, but there were things I did agree with. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Lol,
    True,

I was a housewife when I was younger, he always came home to a hot dinner, clothes cleaned, house tidy and me looking good.

He gave me the paycheck but he was always on the hunt at night for the next woman. I would do it again except for the man being a cheater..... The guy I am with now, I would love to take care of.... Just my opinion and yes I would fit in some tv time...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wheres the article "How to be a good house husband?" There's common sense in the article However, times have changed.

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 1:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Their is no such thing as a good house wife. If your DH is satisfied with you. That is all that matters.

Answer by louise2 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm think I am grateful not be a housewife.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I didn't marry a house. I have no interest in being a good housewife.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow....There are a few things that I do not agree with...for example....catering to EVERYTHING. My husband is a grown man and he can take care of himself. I do keep a clean home, dinner either on the table or almost done when he gets home from work, both myself and child are dressed and taken care of but I do not do EVERYTHING for him.
    Anonymous

• It's a great reminder!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010