Has anyone had any luck using Monster. com????

I think I might know the answer but if you have had any luck finding a job please let me know and also if you got any fradulent job offers any experiences because I want to know if I am wasting tme?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Less than 25% of the available jobs are posted on the job boards. Yes, you should use a meta-search, like Indeed.com to comb the want ads; but you should also be networking, contacting companies that you would like to work for, staying in touch with folks on your Linkedin network, etc.

When you respond to ads on Monster, are you tailoring your cover letter (and resume) to the position and company?

I do career and job search coaching; I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy and interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've sent out literally hundreds of resumes via monster and only received a few calls/responses and not a single interview. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck through them.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I haven't had any luck either.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010