dating...ugh

I feel like the biggest dork in front of this guy i like. I get all tongue tied and don't really come off as smooth or anything. I think he's into me anyway. He's in his 40s and i'm in my early 20s. do u think this is worth trying for?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 1:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Why not...go for it!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I just re-read it and noticed the age difference. I have dated several people who were 15-20 years my senior. There will be people who say things that aren't nice. "Gold digger", shit like that but...as long as you know the truth and really like him for him...then still yes, go for it. =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You will never know until you try. Good luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• What does a 40 something year old man want with a 20 something year old girl?
    What does he have that you want?
    Sorry I just do not get it?

Answer by louise2 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Go for it, but for the right reason.

Love does not know color, age (as long as it is legal and not to much apart omg, that is a tricky one-not a minor), money or not...

You go girl....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• well to clarify. we like similar things. i'm tired of boys who think their men. he hasn't dated since his wife cheated on him 3 years ago and i haven't dated since me and my ex broke up 2 years ago.
    Bugzmomma

Comment by Bugzmomma (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• men like that usualy act closer to your age..ive dated men in their late 30's and im 22. and they all had something in common. immaturity and want to use as a sex object, but i could be so wrong
    hrtbr8kr8

Answer by hrtbr8kr8 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Start out as a casual friendship doing friend things and hanging out together. Let the relationship blossom on its own; don't rush anything.

louise2 - You can't help who you fall in love with.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Not saying it's always true, but in a lot of cases older men who go out with younger women are immature. The women mature and then get frustrated because the man isn't maturing, but they should have realized that before they got in a relationship.

Tam - you can't help who you lust after, but you can help who you fall in love with. Love takes time - if you never spend time with someone, you won't fall in love with them.

Answer by missanc at 1:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• just be carful and do what you think is best ppl are going o say what they want but whatever they arent you and you sound like youknow what you want.
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010