Bristol Jo for a girl...be brutally honest.?

My sister in law is letting my brother pick this name..I think its ugly what do you think?

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Baby Names

• bristol palin,i could never do that not bc she is a teen mom bc i am also but bc shes not a great person to name your child after niether is her mother,Jo is okay if put with the right first name it is really cute remind him that his DD will always be associated with a race and a the "spokes person for teen moms" (ha what a joke-sorry jmo.)
    braylinsmommie

Answer by braylinsmommie at 4:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I LIKE the name Bristol. It is different without being too out there.
    Oh, and Anon? I'm a Democrat. Political affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with this. Grow up.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree 100% with TARARENEE. Vote me down too ok.

Answer by louise2 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think it's okay, but I think there are going to be tons of Bristols in the next few years because of Bristol Palin, so it will be very common.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope don't like it, because the child will definitly be teased, remind him she has to live with the name not him.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't like it & why Jo??? That is an abbreviation of Joanne. I would use a whole middle name no an abbreviation.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no = not (sp)
    ILovemyPaulie

• Sounds....country. I think it's the 'jo' bit. I liked Bristol for my 2nd daughter but then was told it not only a race from Nascar, but then Sarah Palin got popular...and thus her daughter Bristol. Needless to say I didn't name my daughter Bristol. I DO think it's a pretty name tho (minus Jo) but, the association that goes along w/it...I just couldn't name my daughter that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yeah i'm gonna give this one a no....bristol is the city in ct i grew up in. a very sucky city
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm not crazy about using a celebrity name, especially one who makes headlines.

If you just call her Bristol, it doesn't matter what the middle name is. Using both names was a lot more common in the 50s, so Bristol Jo sounds outdated (like Peggy Sue or Bobbie Jo).

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010