should i bring a double stroller?

In reguards to my last post about flying alone with my two girls...should I bring my double stroller to help me out? And do you think I can get away with just using my diaper bag as a carry on?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Travel

• My flight is 7 and a half hours long.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• What else are you carrying? I took DS (7) last year by myself and with his carseat, our bags, and carryons - yikes! If the airlines allow double strollers then yes do it!!
    Anonymous

• Take a double stroller. It is a huge help. But you can't bring it on the plain. You can push the children with the stroller to the stairs but they will put the stroller in the luggage area. You have to talk to the people when you check in that you have two kids and you will need help. They are usually really helpful with parents and children. Actually I would call the airline up and ask their advice to travel whith two children and a double stroller. It can't hurt. Every airline has its own rules. So it is safer to call them up and ask. You can check if the stroller is another luggage so you have to pay a bit more or it is free. I would definitely call them up. We can tell you things but they can tell you facts.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I will call to make sure. I know they allow strollers, but I'm not sure how big. I can't imagine having to carry my bags and my two children, lol. I want to just have a diaper bag as my carry on and then of course my suitcase with a weeks worth of clothes for all of us. My hubby should arrive with our vehicle 6 days after I land. Don't need carseats that goodness. My SIL is bringing her to pick us up.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I would def take a double stroller..you can usually gee check strollers, but call the airline to make sure. Also ask them about assistance from gate to gate, like if they offer it or not, b it'll be hard traveling with two, a diaper bag, and car seats (depending on how old they are)..good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It depends on how old your children are. I would say if they're 3 and older then you shouldn't bring one. If you have at least one child under three then bring an umbrella stroller. I think you could even get away with one umbrella stroller even with a one-two year old. As long as you have some sort of leash to keep him close to your side. I also think that you should be able to get away with just a diaper bag for a carry on. Put in diapers, wipes, an extra pair of clothes for both, some snacks, and toys. That should be fine for you all. Don't forget a book for you to read!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• A diaper bag isn't counted as a carry on. No airline I ever used counted it. I had a carry on plus the diaper bag. And a stoller isn't chargable either. So yes, take it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I traveled from Delaware to Washington state with my 2 year old back in April. I took my stroller and I'm really glad I did. I could strap my kid in when we were try to run to our next flight, and I didn't have to worry about him running off or getting lost in the airport crowd. And if your in the airport and your kids get tired they can sleep. Also you can just stick your bags under the stroller and not kill your arms or shoulders lugging bags all over the place. Let the airline know that you will be gate checking the stroller and then tell the people at the gate when you arrive, they will give you a little ticket to put on the stroller. If you can pack light and get away with just a diaper bag then power to ya. Good luck on your travels.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes take a double stroller, and I think you need more than just a diaper bag. Use a carryon.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010