associates degree in nursing

Do any of you have an associates degree in nursing? Is it better to have a BSN or does it is it not a big deal. I want to go to a community college because it is cheaper. Im 24 I wish i had started college right after highschool I would have been finish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• What is an associates in nursing? An LPN?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No you can still b considered a RN with an associated degree. Becoming an LPN is another program...at least at the school im looking to attend.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• *i meant associates not associated lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Here is some info I found

The 4-year BSN is the preferred entry-level nursing program by most nursing leaders because it provides the best opportunities in today's job market. If you look in the classifieds, you'll find that a BSN is a requirement for many positions. It is the entry point for professional nursing practice.

The 2-year associate's degree focuses more on technical skills than theory and is often a stepping stone to the BSN. The associate's degree allows a student to become a registered nurse and earn money more quickly than a 4-year BSN program, so it works better for many students. It is the entry-level nursing degree for technical nursing practice

I got the information from here http://www.allnursingschools.com/nursing-resources/programs

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In your case get you community college Associates in Nursing then get to work and on your time of fover the next few years I would get your Masters and forget the Bachelors. Good Luck!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It depends what you want to do. If you want to be a floor nurse (in a hospital or nursing home) your associates is fine to have. If you decide you want to get into management you will likely need your BSN and if you want to get into teaching or advanced practice you will need your MAsters or Doctorate.I had my associates and went back to school. I just finished with my BSN this past spring and plan on going back for my Master's.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would contact HR departments at area hospitals, and see what criteria they use for hiring.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You Go Girl - a good career choice.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 9:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011