How often should a 3mo. old get a bath?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always gave my daughter a bath every night, but if you don't want to do that I would say atleast everyother day
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would say maybe 3 times per week. Babies don't really get that dirty. I actually don't even use soap.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Depends on you and the kind of activity you do with her. If you're busy here, busy there, in a car, playing outside, etc, then more often. I stayed home with my DD and we were told that bathing too much could dry out her skin so she got a bath every other day, usually. Of course, we also didn't use wipes at every change for the same reason- every poop or every 3rd wet diaper or so. She didn't have diaper rash even once until she was 10 months old and that was from Continental Airlines screwing us over, taking my diaper bag, turning our flight around, waiting 4 hours with no diaper except for the poopy one she had on... Never again after that, though. They don't sweat at this age; they don't play in the mud; they don't handle much except for very few toys. Just go by how you guys live and one day at a time. =)
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 3:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That's about the age I started our bedtime routine - which includes a bath. However, jacy3031 is right - they don't get that dirty and the soap dries out their skin. I use soap every 4 days or so, when I wash her hair.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• jacy- I was glad to see someone else who didn't bathe their kid every day lol I was feeling like a bad parent writing mine because that's what we did! lol
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 3:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I put my little man in the tub every day, to help with establishing that routine. Although I only use soap and wash him every other day. I only wash his head once or twice a week, he doesn't have too much hair.
    One thing to think about.. We tried the bath in the evening to help with the night time routine. But he gets too excited and plays, then didn't fall asleep as easily LOL so he gets his bath earlier rather than later. But I use the johnson's bedtime lotion when doing his night routine, so he can recognize the scent and identify it's time to settle down for bed......the whole few hours at a time he sleeps right now LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• bathing babies isn't necessary as they don't get that dirt and it can dry out or irritate their sensitive skin. I bathed mine once a week until she was 3 or 4 months then every other day. Then I got into the routine of every night.
    Anonymous

• With my daughter i was told every other day by her dr. beacuse babis that young have such sensitive skin and it could make then dry out . after following what the doc said she still developed really dry skin and i always lathered her in lotion after a bath. so then he said go to every 3 days. and i did. her skin got better. so as long as ur not getting really dirty ...ie playing in the dirt. learning to eat cereal and baby food ..these may need a bath imediately afterwards..lol..
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 4:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When our kids were that age we bathed them every evening and put them to sleep afterwards as it helped to set up their routine, and routine is always good :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• From birth I have given my baby a bath every night or as close to it as I could. most of the time you dont have to wash her but just let them play in the bath is good.
    Christiansmom17

Answer by Christiansmom17 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008