Does any mom any advice on a toddler who wont eat,

My son will be 3 years old in march and he has pdd,lately he hasnt been wanting to eat anything at all mind you,hes a veryyyy picky eater eats the same thing everyday.Hes not good with change hes not drinking his milk anymore and eeats a few spoons full of spagetti and doesnt want it anymore.I am sooo stressed out any advice for a worried stressed out mom????Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What is PDD? My son is the same age...also 3 in march...and is going through the SAME EXACT thing....
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Is he on meds for his PDD? Some medications limit appetites.
    Does he eat anything?? My son used to only want to eat certain things.

If he eats somethings, take a look at what he eats through out the day. You might find that he is getting what he needs at those times. My son was a grazer. He ate little bits through out the say so he wasn't as hungry for meal time. I started watching what I offered throughout the day to make sure he was getting the nutrition he needs.
    My son still won't eat breakfast, so he drinks Ensure shakes to get the nutrition he needs in the morning.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• pdd is pervasive developmental disorder hes mildly autistic.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Go to an Eating Specialist. It help a lot for children who are picky eaters. And it can calm you down as well. Go to your doctor and ask him to send you to one.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no my son isnt on pdd meds hes just a picky eater,everything i bring to the table he wont eat it...i have tried sooo many things...he doesnt like pediasure he doesnt eat meat now no milk...i dont know what to do...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh and my son is autistic as well. So I do understand. Don't stress it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• great dr i have he told me my son was fine cause hes not obese i switched pediatrician he was horrible,i have to wait until february to see the new dr.i will go to a eating specialist nutrionist and see if they can help...apparently his dr thinks hes fine cause hes 30 pounds and not obese..the nerveeee...!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• What does he eat? Is it that he eats something and not others or is he not eating a darn thing right now?

My son went through a stage where he only wanted certain things. I said to heck with that. He was going to eat what I made. I didn't force him, but I refused to make anything else. When he realized he wasn't getting what he wanted, he ate what I made. Sometimes, they will try power struggles.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My 12 year old Grandson was very picky about all foods, so my hubby made food he did not like look different. He cut meat in different shapes, and put it on toothpicks. Also, I intentionally gave him too much, and then I made deals that he only had to eat a 4th of it. I know this sounds silly, but it worked. It was fun for my GS to count tooth picks. Also he knew he got dessert if he ate. If he does not like a veggie, put peanut butter or a salad dressing on stuff. I hope I helped.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• he eats the same thing everyday but veryyy very little three spoonfuls no lie and just drinks alot alot of llquids..and now he refuses to drink his milk..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010