what sounds should my baby make at 1 year?

I have a 1 year old boy who doesnt make a lot of sounds, the only ones he makes are ba, aba, de. sometimes he sounds like he says mama, but he doesn;t always look at me when he says it. he even never trully babbled,i get concerned about it because i heard other babies of his age make more sounds. he's just started walking, i read lots of books to him, he knows a lot and is always pointing to the right object if i ask to find it.
is anybody can share with me your expirience or advice, i'd appreciate it.

katerina1984

Asked by katerina1984 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do not worry. Babies are different. If he can find the right object it means he is fine:) And clever as well:) Every child develops on a different way. He will find out he has his own voice:) And you will wish the time back when he was silent:D
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My son was like that, then all of a sudden, he started talking alot.

He is still alot less quite then the girls, although you must encourage him too by saying oh you want a drink, what do you want a drink, and repeat what you say not like and idiot but trying to get him to say it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• thanks a lot, you reassured me he's fine. he's a smartie, the only thing that concerned me was his speech development) i guess he'll start talking when he's ready
    katerina1984

Comment by katerina1984 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010