Have you ever miscarried?

If not, please bump..and if so, would you like to share your story? I want to know if anyone has been through what I went through. Thank you all in advance.

Before I got Pregnant with my perfect Son, I miscarried my first pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant on March 1, 2006 and couldn't see a doctor until March 31th (Army hospital). When I could finally be seen, they couldn't find a heartbeat with the stethescope so got me in to have an ultrasound right then. There was no heartbeat or bloodflow to the baby, who was just over 7 weeks gestation..they told me to come back in a week, just to be sure, and when I did - same thing. They called it a "missed abortion" - wtf? Anyway..I guess I couldn't pass it myself so I had the option to wait and see, take a pill, or have a DNC. I chose to wait a week and nothing happened..so I opted for the DNC - but had to wait until April 28th to get it! Who knows how long I actually had it in me, not living, before I found out it was gone..I even went to my first Military Ball with it still in me and was terrified I'd wind up passing it while there. Thank God I didn't, but I still had two weeks to wait after that. Apparently I could have hemorrhaged if I did pass it on my own but didn't find that out until after I had the DNC. It was so scary, and one of the worst experiences of my life. My Husband and I conceived Our Little Man less than 5 months after I had the DNC..I thank God every day that I carried to full term and gave Birth to the most perfect and beautiful Baby ever created - and He is the most perfect, handsome, and amazing Kid today! =]

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I started spotting. Stayed in contact with my midwife over the weekend and she had me come in after 3days of spotting. We couldn't find the heart beat with the doppler, so I got an ultrasound. They measured the baby to be about 9.5 weeks when I should have been 12. On the way back from the ultrasound center I was cramping really bad. Ended up passing everything right there at my midwife's office as soon as I got back.

I hate that they use the term "abortion" with a miscarriage. The term used outside the medical field is "missed miscarriage".
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've had 2 confirmed, but as many as 9 suspected other miscarriages. The story of each is too long to share in 900 characters. Needless to say it was painful emotionally and physically, and I felt very alone and betrayed by my own body. The medical community especially was completely unsympathetic.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sorry no .I was fertile myrtle!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Geminilove I have a similar story.
    I have been pregnant over 12 times I have had 3 sucessful pregnancies. I have delivered 4 children 1 twin died 2 days after birth and my oldest passed away at almost 7 years old so I have 2 living bio children 11 and 12.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• last year around sept was my first pregnancy n miscarriage i didnt know i was pregnant. i was very depressed and my friends kept telling me you should take a test. being depressed i was drinking n smoking so i finally came around to take a test, it was positive. i immediately tried my best to snap out of my depression. i got into the doctors about 2weeks after my positive test. they told me there was no heart beat at about 8weeks. they gave me the same options and i chose to wait. about a week and a half after i started bleeding and passed the baby. ive had 2miscarriages since.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had 6 miscarriages in 3 years. Most depressing time of my life. To feel your body pregnant, full breasts, baby bump, etc., then to watch it all disappear is soo sad. And men just don't get it. They are like, oh well. But life goes on. I went on to have my beautiful DS. God works in mysterious ways.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 1:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I found out I was pregnant in February of 2007. It was with my boyfriend at the time and we were both out of work and living with our parents. On February 12, 2007 I had my first appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat. I was 9 weeks pregnant, so they sent me in for an ultrasound. The next day they couldn't find the heart beat either. My body wasn't passing the baby naturally, so I had to have a D&C (Dialation and Curtation), which happened on February 20, 2007. I became pregnant with my second child with my now husband (A different man from my first pregnancy) in January of 2008. We have now been happily married for two years and have a two year old and a one year old. I am now eight months pregnant with our third. That will make it two boys and a girl. (The girl being the middle child)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yes, the first preganacy
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, my first pregnancy. Two years ago. I was about 5-6 weeks. Now I am 30 weeks with a health BIG boy. :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Congtratulations on your baby boy.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010