• In the Spotlight:

Need a little help.

My little sister just found out she is pregnant and has a bad cold. It has been a while since I was prengnat and aside from tylonel I forgot what else you could take. I also never had to worry about any of it because i didnt get sick when I was pregnant. Please help me out. She is super worried about it and im not sure what to tell her to take. Thanks ladies for your help!

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Consult her doctor, this is the safest way to go.

Answer by older at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would not take anything at all. I would tough it out and call an OBGYN & make an appointment ASAP.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't take any over the counter medications during the first trimester of pregnancy. This is the most crucible developmental time for the fetus. Tell your sister to drink liquids high in Vitamin C to boost her immune system to kick that cold. Orange juice & Emergen-C are great examples!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I know she can have oceans nose spray... thats what I used. I just got over a cold and Im 30 weeks. Orange juice helps and lots of water!! Oh and lots of rest!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I got sick a lot, but I didn't chance even taking Tylenol.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010