would you keep using a serious drug after your insurance was lost?

drugs that have side effects and you have to have your kidney or blood monitored? especially if your new to the drug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• If I needed it to maintain a healthy life, yes. But, many drugs have generic versions which cost less. What is the drug & what are you are taking it for?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Depends, perhaps if serious enough I would get state medical help so I could continue with my therapy but I don't know your situation. Sorry you have to choose - Good Luck!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• it's for my husband. he is taking a generic methotrexate for his psroasis.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There may be a cheaper generic alternative available for that specific condition. You could ask your Doctor for a few other drug names then go to the pharmacy & let them let you know how much each will cost, then get the prescription for the least expensive. Also sometimes Drug Companies offer coupons or help to those that cannot afford the medications they need. You could google the drug/drug company that makes this drug & call or email them for assistance. Best wishes. Also, I have found that many privately owned drug stores (not big names like Walgreens, CVS, etc. ) offer better prices on drugs. Try to find a drug store that specializes in medical needs like wheelchairs, and post surgical supplies. When I did IVF, I used one of those drug stores & saved a bundle on the meds. Your Doctor may know of one in your area. They also supply medical things for the elderly, a place like that.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i'm not concerned about the cost of the drug but that there will not be any monitoring of the drug and keep track of the side effects
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010