How soon did you get preggo?

How soon after you stopped taking birth control pills did you get preggo??

Also I read if you get preggo immediately after you stop taking the pill your chances of having twins increase. Did this happen to any of you??

I would LOVE to have twins someday.

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Almost immediatly....

I don't believe the twin thing, I don't believe that you can make your self have twins, a boy or girl. What ever the is in store for you boy or girl, twin or not that was what your life was intended to be.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• With my first, it took 5 months to get pregnant after I stopped taking the pill. With my second, it took 2 years. I finally had to get on provera and metformin to get pregnant.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The article I read stated that it CAN happen because after taking the pill your body could drop more eggs just because your body is getting used to getting off the pill. I had never heard it before either and I agree you can't make yourself have twins, a boy, or a girl but I was just wondering if anyone had twins that they didn't run in the family.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have been on birth control for 7 years and just stopped taking it about a month 1/2 ago.. still not pregnant yet! One of my girlfriends got off of birth control and got pregnant within the first month of being off... I have heard of people taking months to years also it just depends. I have never heard of the twin thing, I always thought having twins were genetic?
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010