Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

does anyone know of any oganization's that would help like with clothes,etc. for a foster child,we can't get any financial help until we get licensed and we have been working on that since feb. i have 2 teens that need things to.

Answer Question

Asked by drgroves at 8:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Adoption

Level 1 (1 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Almost ANY church organization that does that kind of help, will help you. Christian Charities comes to mind. Even if you DONT attend that particular church they will help you. Look in the community where you live and ask some churches.

    Answer by vbruno at 8:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • Call your local Elks organization. They are wonderful with contributions and giving. You can look under Organizations in the local phone book and start calling.  Others will be happy to help you as you are doing something sooo wonderful.  It may be hard right now, as soo many people are in need.  good luck.

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • Hi - Most CPS agencies has a "rainbow room" full of clothes, etc for foster children. There should be other agencies that can help too - call 211 - read "How to Get Help With 211" for more details. Or call your local united way. If you go to church, ask them for help.  Hope this helps a little!

    Answer by nov30mom at 12:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • like the last poster said... call your locall 211 number, check with different churches, or check online to see if your area has a women-helping-women group. they typically help out with single moms but i have seen them help alot of foster kids. Sometimes Goodwill even has some times where they will help and let you go thru for the foster kids to get needed items... good luck

    Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.