What time frame should i use? My b/f wants to move in with me.

I am 24 yrs old and have been seeing my b/f for almost 2 months now. BUT we have known each other for almost 8 months. He recently asked me if he what i thought about hi moving in. because of conflicting work schedules, we were unable to see each other for a week. he said that was too long and i agree. he is an amazing guy. but i told him it was to fast. so what are your opinions? How long is long enough to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• wait until you are ready. you decide what the criteria for making that move is and stick to it. i let someone move in with me for convenience (we were always having sleepovers so it "made sense") reasons although something wasn't sitting right. i regretted it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two months is not hardly long enough. And if you are not ready to move in together than rushing would be the worst thing you could do. If he really wants to be with you, he will wait. I personally do not think he should move in with YOU anyway. What is his current living situation? Make sure he is not just trying to live Off OF you. Most men that have their "own" place are not in such a hurry to move in together.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• TOO FAST! Especially if you have kids. I am sure he is a really great guy but he will become a father figure to your children. This is huge!

Before we were married, my husband dated for 1 year and then moved in together. But we had known each other for about 8 years. (We met in seventh grade, were friends through high school, and dated off and on starting at 19. We were 22 when we moved in together after dating seriously for about a year). I was amazed at how much we learned about each other after we moved in.

If your gut says this is too fast, it probably is.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well he and his brother have a place together. and i have my own place. and he knows i am not giving up my place. and he did say he would wait if i was not ready. I thought that was very respectful of him.
    Anonymous

• That's exactly right, it's YOUR place he's moving into. In my opinion it does not work. The male ego is very fragile. He will always see this as your place...that he is living with you. And give some more time for this relationship to evolve. You don't know how long this will last yet. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but you don't want to put yourself in a situation to put him OUT of your place if it doesn't work out.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree if you decide to let him keep your crib,then if it dont work out you stay and he goes,he should respect your opinion that it might be too soon you dont want to rush a good thing.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Don't do it. First of all marriage and the married life (which is what your going to be trying to live by living together) is hard and even when your living together and you have conflicting work schedules it is hard to keep it together.

Second it's too early and you hve kids, your kids well being need to be #1 not moving some guy in.

If he's the ONE you'll survive not being around each other as much as you want and if you don't survive it then he wasn't ment to be.

But you will do as you please then deal with the consiquences of your actions the sad thing is that so will your kids.
    Anonymous