Do you think males and females can be just friends? Do you think that by having...

A friend of the opposite gender, you are opening yourself to the possibility to develop romantic feelings for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Some of my best friends were guys. That was before marriage, and we all just grew apart because of moving away. But in college I had 2 best guy buddies. My other male friends I met through my husband, I talk to one of them on the phone periodically.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This reminds me of my favorite movie, When Harry met Sally, "A man can't be friends with a woman he finds attractive, sex always gets in the way".
    But yes, I think men and women can be just friends.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you are attracted to them at all then maybe. I had mostly guy friends in high school and college and never had anything happen with them. I just think it depends on you.

Answer by gemgem at 2:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think men and women can be friends, but it's up to the woman to make sure it stays that way. Men want to boink anything that let's them!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes I think they can, but under two conditions if they're married to other people: That they are both happily married; and that they have respect for marriage.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I always had make best friends. I think it is possible to be friends without romantic feelings. And yes, I think a friendship can develop into relationship but only if there are feelings there from the beginnings. I've never had a male friend who turned into boyfriend. But all are different. And now my So is my best friend. But we started to date with feelings for each other and after that we developed our friendship and trust.:P So it doesn't count for this question:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• *male not make:D
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My best friend, since we were 4, is a guy and there has NEVER been anything romantic between us. We are now 40 and our spouses and kids are all friends too. I have several male friends and DH has several female friends and there is never a worry about anything inappropriate going on.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes i do. I have many male friends i have had for years... Even some exs that, if I needed to, i could call and they would come and help me in a heart best. I love my SO, and he loves me and we trust each other. He can have female friends. It doesn't bother me.we both know that we want only each other, so it really doesn't matter who we are friends with, in that aspect.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My best friend is a male. There has never been a romantic moment or aanything like that. We always been there for each other. And still are. So yes males and females can be friends if there is that respect for each other and of course no sex involved because that changes everything.
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010