Im wondering if it's a good idea for me to go back to work......

I would like to....I don't HAVE to but it would help. My concern is that my DH doesn't know my daughters routine and that he's gonna sit her in front of a TV all day and just try to get her to nap. the last time he watched her when I could work she was taking bottles during the day and a lot more naps. Now she's almost 2 1/2 and needs constant stimulation. I have such a routine with her and we are constantly on the go. I think it would be good for both my daughter and me to have a break. I need some adult interaction :) Anyway, input or suggestions would be appreciated. Im just curious what you have done when going back to work as far as laying out "rules"??? thanks :)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 2:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you are wondering with the idea it pretty much tells me you are not sold on it. Wait until she is older to do this, unless of course you HAVE to.

Answer by older at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sounds like it would also be good for your husband and daughter. They'll figure things out. He won't do things exactly like you do. And you can't demand that he do. They'll develop their own routine. Can you sign her up for preschool so there is something for her to do while you're gone?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Going back to work is a really good thing if you feel you need it. Your daughter need some time as well as you. I would say daycare. Take her to a kindergarten. She can socialize there and make friends:) And you could be calm and relaxed that your HB doesn't spoil your child:D I think the best thing you can do is finding a good nursery for her. Just make sure it is a good one. :)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Maybe it is time your husband learn her routine. My dh has always known our son's routine and everything. Of course, I have never had any problems with my husband taking of our son. I work so maybe I am biased.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree with mompam, they'll make their own routine. Let your husband know the important points, like she needs to go down for a nap by this time or she'll be a bear later, or she needs to eat at this time or you'll have a full-blown tantrum on your hands, things like that. And if he misses something, he'll know about it, which might be an even better teacher than you telling him.

Otherwise, kids know that there are different rules/routines with different people. She'll likely act differently with her dad than she does with you, and that's ok. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Maybe if you don't HAVE TO, then don't. Or you should start off with a part-time job? However, like PP said, it's time for DH to learn the routine!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 2:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Lucky you but i would wait until child is a little older,take it from me the one thing i always wanted was to be a house wife.I had to work period.I would have loved to be able to stay home.But mine grew up fine.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• thanks for all the input....it would only be a per diem position...Im not going back full time. I don't want to put her in daycare..that's the whole reason I stayed home with her. When she's 3, she can go to an educational center. Thanks again ladies...and you're right...her and daddy can learn their own routine. And he does need to spend more time with her. He's not home a lot...he runs a restaurant so when he is home, that's the only person she wants. Thanks again!!!
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Maybe it is time your husband learn her routine... Trail and error i'm sure he can do it. you gotta trust him..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010