Have you ever gone?

Have you ever gone to a resturant and your total bill included a tip?I have and the place that myself and some friends ate at had awfull service and the food was'nt that great,so i got mad and refused to pay the tip and argud with the manager of the place and he kickd us out.Doe's anyone think that was right of him to kick us out?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No it was not right! i ate a t a local steak house when it came time to tip i tipped then in the parking lot i saw where they had already added it to the bill ,so i marched in and got my table tip back !Sounds col;d I know but they should post it to the public!Its so hard to find people to wait on folks these days.Not too many good places anymore.Sorry you were asked to leave.I had everybody checking their tabs when i left!!!! Good for you though stand up for yourself you have to,too many ways to get taken today!So good for you!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It was rather presumptuous of them to include the tip. Some places include the tip on the bill when it is a large party. I still disagree with this. I would have refused as well and told the manager that the service was awful. OR I would have marked out what they put and changed it to what I thought the service deserved. I am normally a generous tipper but not when we have shitty service.

My friend, who used to be a bartender, had horrid service at Applebee's one night and left a penny face down on the table.

As for kicking you out, I guess it would determine on HOW you approached the manager.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have been to a place where the tip was included. The service was not bad but I would never argue a tip personally. They generally don't take that much. Plus you would need to measure the terms of bad service was it your server or was it late food caused by the cook?
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 2:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• That's terrible. I was a server for a long time and we put gratuity on parties of 6 or more but it was always an option not to pay it if the party thought the service wasn't very good. I would contact someone above the manager. As for kicking you out, if the service was sooo bad why would you want to stay? Servers usually make very little hourly and depend on tips, if you don't want to tip I would not eat at a sit down restaurant.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well it was a chines restuarant and they gave us room temp water w/no ice,our food came promptly but was not hot and we returnd one of the dishes cuz it had hard rice and something was missing from it that was on menu and our waitress just lookd like she hated life and i certainly was not gnna pay a tip for crappy servicecrappy food.I've been to other places where tip is included and didnt have problem paying but that place surely was'nt gettn it from me,i explaind y i thought tip was'nt derserving and the manager got reallyupset,started yelling and told us to get out.
    carisa368

Comment by carisa368 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010