Ok, so, I'm going bald....

I have a 4 month old baby and just a couple weeks ago I started to lose my hair (BAD) and I know that my hormones are playing a role in this, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this, if it's normal, and will it stop before I go bald, and will it grow back?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Get a hot oil treatment and continue taking prenatal vitamins.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I did. You're not going bald. You'll lose hair after you have a baby. Plus, you're stressed. And, if you think it's that bad, you should go see your doctor and have him/her check your thyroid.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm 51 and have lost alot of my hair due to stress and no estrogen produced since hysterectomy.I take vitamins ,but any hair loss for a woman is scary.I do not want to be put on any meds so i am taking my chances.:(
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Totally normal and no you won't go bald! I thought the same thing!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I lost most of the hair on the left side of my head. It's normal. It'll grow back. You can always go to your obgyn just to double check that you haven't developed some type of postpartum thyroid issue, but most likely it's just a phase.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, it's normal. My hair stopped falling out when I was pregnant, but after delivering, it would start falling out like normal again.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've heard you lose hair after having a baby. It should grow back. good luck!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I use to have very thick hair before I had my son. After having my son, my hair thinned out quite a bit. I didn't go bald but I can tell a major difference.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010